Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ten on Thursday

1.  I was driving through Leduc, our closest big city, tonight and while stopped at a red light, this carload of high school girls started waving at me.  They were dressed as nuns - and were obviously celebrating Halloween early.  Oh, the enthusiasm of teenagers!

2.  I love this quilt, made by the wonderful seamstress at Bloom and Blossom who lives in New South Wales, Australia.  It's just gorgeous and is a variation of the rag quilts I've made.  So, so pretty!


(photo by Bloom and Blossom)

3.  If you are looking for some great Halloween dessert ideas, check this list at Better Homes and Gardens.  Scardey Cat Ice Cream Cake and Wicked Witch's Popcorn Hat caught my eye.

3.  The Nature of Things, David Suzuki's TV show, featured the Rift Valley in Africa tonight.  It was fascinating to see the geologic activity and explanations, especially after driving and actually seeing part of it last year.  The show also included a segment on Egypt and the all the building that happened because of the right kind of rock in the right place.  Many memories flooded back tonight!

4.  I'm on the hunt for pumpkin chai tea - and I found a David's Tea store located in 2 spots in Edmonton!!!    And I also discovered that there's a location in Nova Scotia - pretty close to where Melinda works :)  I can hardly wait to try this new drink.

5.  Our Bible study group is meeting tomorrow night for the first time after the summer break.  I'm really looking forward to it.

6.  The grocery store that I frequent had many staples on sale for 1/2 half today.  Bags of pears and apples, pasta and bread made their way into my basket.

7.  Have you heard about Darrah Parker's project "One Year:  One Family"?  As a photographer, she is visiting the same family once every month for one day and photographing them just living their lives.    It's fascinating and something I would love to try someday!

8.  So glad I'm not subbing tomorrow :)  It's the day of Halloween parties and probably my least favourite day of the year.  I always say that and then when the day ends, I'm reminded of how much fun it is for kids to dress up and pretend to be someone else, even if just for a few hours.

9.  This is one of the out-takes from the end of our day with Helayna and Silas!  So much reality in this photo!


10.  Bob spent the afternoon with Blake today while Naomi was the roster parent at Meadow's playschool party.  I'm glad he could help her and spend time with the youngest of our grandchildren.  A very good thing for a Grampa to do on a cool fall day, don't you think?!!

2 comments:

  1. Great list. David's Tea is where I bought the pumpkin chai. I've been there quite often to try different things. My favourite so far is Cream of Early Grey, but Pumpkin Chai is a close second. There are so many flavours and varieties. You're going to love it.
    Have a great weekend. We're off to Yarmouth to pick up Tyler. His rotation has come to an end; just two more weeks in Truro and then he's officially done! That's going to feel great for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Oooh, I want to come over for some pumpkin chai - sounds delicious!

    That quilt is gorgeous! I wish I had more time in the day...

    ReplyDelete