Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Creating

Today Bob came to the house with this -



and asked if I could make a new seat cover for the tractor!  I have no upholstery fabric or anything heavy like that in my stash so I decided to repurpose an old wool skirt, in black with a bit of red to match the tractor!  It took a fair bit of measuring, some pattern drafting and a little stitching and eventually I was able to create this.



My university clothing design professor would be impressed, I'm sure!!  And if not, I certainly am pleased with myself and the product I created.  We'll see how well it holds up to the wear and tear of farming.

3 comments:

  1. Heather M.11:45 PM

    That's awesome! I'm totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. It looks so much better. ;) I'm sure Dad was happy to have it repaired. I think you're ready to start reapolstering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's one clever way to use up old, outdated clothing! Instead of "in it" you are "on it"!
    Looks good and the tractor will be the best dressed one around.

    ReplyDelete