The baked cake
Ready to taste!
- I used 4 bananas to get 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana. This was one more banana than most recipes use so if you have lots of bananas, this is a great way to use them.
- I scored some free bananas by being at the grocery store by 8:15 one morning! That is not my normal hour for buying groceries but I had to be at the farm implement dealer's so I did both jobs in one trip to town.
- I put my batter into 2 pans, abour 9X9", instead of one big one. That way I was able to serve cake on 2 different occasions. It worked great.
- This is the first recipe I have ever baked at 275 degrees F. I was skeptical but it baked perfectly in 1 hour.
- And putting it straight into the freezer while still hot was a new idea too! I just set the 2 pans onto a wooden cutting board as soon as they came out of the oven and then set the board inside the deep freeze. The cake was definitely moist, even though the last one was served 5 days later. I did refrigerate the iced cakes.
- I love walnuts so the icing was perfect.
- I'll definitely make this again! It was easy to make, used common ingredients and was delicious. It disappeared quickly when I served it to various neighbors who have dropped by for coffee the last 2 mornings :)