My next item from the Food.com Top 25 list is Grilled Chicken Breasts with Barbecue Glaze.
- all the comments that I read said the longer this marinated, the better it was so I did mine overnight. It was definitely flavourful and moist. (Edited to add: Just because Rhonda asked - the marinade was a combination of barbecue sauce, honey, mayonnaise, garlic and ginger. The mayo was the unusual ingredient.)
- For only 2 people, I don't start our gas barbecue very often so I baked these in the oven for 45 minutes and then finished them on the countertop grill. Next time I will do them on the barbecue! The oven baking resulted in more of a poached product and the glaze didn't turn crispy and golden. Putting them on the grill helped a bit but they were probably a bit overdone.
- I would use chicken thighs next time because they don't get so dry if they are slightly overdone.
- The marinade was an interesting combination of ingredients but you don't get to taste it as a sauce, which is what I prefer.
- This was an okay recipe - no problems but I don't think I'd rush to make it again. The life of a test kitchen cook!
Next up: Best Ever Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting