Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ten on Thursday

1.  It would be such a blessing if you could say a prayer that Melinda and Samuel will travel safely to meet Tyler tomorrow at the American border.  Edward and Linda (Mel's NS parents) will drive them.  Please pray for their safety on the roads and that Samuel will be able to handle all the time in his carseat (16 hours total driving time).  It's going to be a very joyful reunion when Daddy meets these 2!! 


2.  It's very good to be home again!

3.  I came home very inspired to try new recipes and be adventurous in the kitchen.  We'll see how that translates :))

4.  Ali Edwards did a post titled "Right  Now" yesterday.  Go and read it - and be inspired to document what's happening in your life at this very minute.

5.  I received a lovely fabric bag from The Green Bag Lady in the mail this week, which I had won earlier this spring during the Blog Giveaway Carnival.  Teresa is on a mission to move people away from paper and plastic bags and over to fabric bags.  Mine is #5811 and it's the brightest, coolest bag for summer.  

6.  I love looking out of airplane windows!  This is as we were descending to land in Ottawa the other day. 


7.  I love checking Her Space His Space My Space for the daily one word photography challenge.  Today's word was DIRT - and this is what the dirt in my pots is growing.


8.  And while we're on the topic of dirt, Bob worked long and hard and has a wonderful green garden growing this summer!!  He did so much work while I was gone and it looks spectacular.  It was the best present ever!!!


9.  Wrapping a few presents for Jerry and Meadow's birthdays this weekend.  That little family now has 4 birthdays to celebrate within the last 11 days of June!!

10.  I went for a 40 minute bike ride at the lake this evening and  I even managed to get the bike chain back on after it came off :))  It was a great ride - one I hope to repeat many, many more times this summer. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about Mel & Ty all day and praying for them.

    I absolutely LOVE what the Green Bag Lady is doing - that is AWESOME!

    I was wondering how your garden fared while you were gone! It looks AWESOME! WTG Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home safe and sound. I pray Mel and her sweet one will have safe travels! Your grandchildren are adorable!! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete