1. Twice this week I've come across quotes that express the same sentiment:
"What we pay attention to is how we spend our lives." Ann @ A Holy Experience
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." Annie Dillard via Rebecca Sower @ Out of Hand
I think I get the message!
2. Going to Nova Scotia in 5 more sleeps!!
3. I love fresh cherries - and I bought the first ones of the season today. They came from Washington State which is kind of far away - such a dilemma about buying produce that has to be transported long distances.
4. Here's a totally inspiring assignment for you from Shimelle - A Week of Color. Today's assignment was "blue" and I just happened to have these images from my visit with my sister. Camrose, the city she works in, has some gorgeous places in it!
I would love to live in either of these houses :))
5. Living on top of a hill + living in the country = hard bike riding = stronger muscles eventually, right??
6. Just finishing up the last couple of menu items for our camping trip this weekend. It's going to be a fun time with temperatures in the high 20's and a whole crowd of good people coming.
7. It got up to +24 degrees C today and none of the windows in our house were open so it was hot inside when I got home. It's nice to be able to open up all the windows and let the breeze come inside.
8. Nothing like tackling cleaning out the fridge when one is trying to pack up to go away! I guess if I wouldn't leave it go so long I wouldn't have this problem :(
9. It certainly is nice to open the fridge door and see everything in its place, clean and tidy!! See #8 above :)
10. It's Farmer's Day tomorrow in our county, a long standing tradition. A day off school for kids, some community picnics and pancakes breakfasts - and most farmers still spraying, caring for cattle and otherwise occupied farming!