Monday, June 08, 2009

Simple Woman #45


For Today . . . June 8, 2009

Outside my window . . . a mix of sun and cloud but more sun, the weather has warmed up to about +14, but we still have one more night of frost warnings.  Things should improve daily with a high of +27 predicted by the weekend - perfect for camping!

I am  thankful . . . that Tyler and his dad arrived safely in New York City after driving 16 hours straight through.

I am praying . . . that Naomi and her soon-to-be-born baby will be safe through these last few weeks of pregnancy and then delivery. 

I am thinking . . . about the camping trip with family that we have planned for this weekend.  It's going to be great fun with 8 little ones and 12 adults!

From the kitchen . . .  spicy vegetable stir fry, rhubarb mini muffins, and lots of baking plans.

I am wearing . . . black dress pants, purple striped blouse and black dress shoes.

I am reading . . . the last part of "Zorro" by  Isabel Allende

I am hoping . . . to get the last plants into the garden and then  be able to leave everything grow without worrying about the weather every night.

I am hearing . . .  the soundtrack from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - I love this play!!

I am creating . . . a little surprise project - I'll tell you more in a few weeks :))

Around the house and yard . . . DH fixed my dishwasher on the weekend, after a 4 month wait, and it's so, so nice not to have the counter stacked with dirty dishes.  And tonight he hauled the 50 boxes of bamboo hardwood flooring down into the basement so they can acclimatize for a few months before we lay new floors.  This is a huge project that's going to be so wonderful when it's finished!  We've been waiting for a long time to do this upgrade. 

One of my favourite things . . . crisp and juicy green grapes for snacks.   I only wish they grew closer to home!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . 1.5 days of subbing, a haircut, playdate with Meadow, grocery shopping and then a three day camping trip..

Here is a 
picture thought I am sharing with you . . . beautiful pink flowers blooming on trees along 2 streets in Camrose.   They are just gorgeous and the street looks so pretty.  Thanks to my sister for showing me this little spot of beauty.  


There are more wonderful daybooks to read over at The Simple Woman!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great week and time this weekend camping with all those little ones. Meadow sounds very excited to be going.
    Tyler started peds yesterday and already had his first 24hr. on-call shift.
    I'm thrilled about the flooring and the dishwasher being fixed. I'll be eager to see the floor when I come visit after Christmas.
    See you in one week.

    ReplyDelete