Monday, June 22, 2009

Simple Woman #47

For Today . . . June 22, 2009

Outside my window . . . grey overcast skies and some late afternoon showers.  I'm so glad the weather was wonderful for the first half of my visit to Nova Scotia!  The temperature is still +20 C so it's pleasant to wear capris and tank tops even though rain threatens.  

I am  thankful . . . that Edward and Linda have invited Melinda, Samuel and now me to make their home our refuge during this week.  They are such gracious people of God - we are blessed to know them.  

And I am also thankful . . . that Blake Rodney arrived safely last night!  Another grandson to love, cuddle, spoil and adore :))

I am praying . . . for God's protection as I leave here and head home.  I pray that I arrive home safely tomorrow evening and that Melinda, Tyler and Samuel meet safely at the border and return to their home on the weekend.

I am thinking . . . about the precious gift of grandchildren!

From the kitchen . . .  we had lobster for supper tonight!  They were so, so delicious!!

I am wearing . . . black warmup pants, striped sleeveless shirt, sport socks.

I am reading . . . The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society for our next book club.

I am hoping . . . that it won't be long until I can see Samuel again!

I am hearing . . .  Jack Johnson singing Lullabies - Samuel likes it while he's sleeping!

I am creating . . . amazing memories with our grandson.  I think some layouts will come out of this visit.

Around the house and yard . . .  I hope Bob watered the flower pots as he took care of things at home this week. 

One of my favourite things . . . snuggling with a baby curled up and sleeping on your chest :))  I've had alot of that this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . finishing the packing up,  flying home tomorrow,  hanging out and helping Naomi with the new baby, giving Meadow lots of time and attention, helping to get ready for her birthday party, seeing 3 of our kids on the weekend, checking the garden and spending time with my husband!

Here is a 
picture thought I am sharing with you . . . I love the colorful homes, especially the front doors and gorgeous yards here in Nova Scotia.  Chester is just the most beautiful place, wrapping around the ocean.

Peggy at the Simple Woman has taken the summer off but since I'm so close to the one year mark with this little project, I want to keep going.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I just love these simple woman updates. I should do one too!

    ReplyDelete