1. Happy Chinese New Year! Welcome to the Year of the Ox.
2. The Canadian government introduced a new budget today. There are all kinds of programs to get the economy back up and running but I don't know how much good it's going to do. Lots of talk about tax breaks but listen to this: a family with combined income of $100,000 will save the whopping total of $208 yearly. That amount of money doesn't go very far spread over a whole year! And there were no increases to social assistance - as if those people don't need help!!!
3. Lots of hearts, chocolates and Valentine goodness out in the stores now.
4. I got a new copy of Better Homes and Gardens magazine today. It's going to be fun checking out the home decor ideas for the next season.
5. I bought a carton of the reddest, juiciest strawberries today! Usually they are half white and woody at this time of year but these are just delicious and smell wonderful.
6. Did you hear about the 8 babies that were born in California yesterday? 6 boys and 2 girls, weighing from 680 grams to 1.5 kg and all breathing on their own. They knew the mom was going to have 7 babies but when they performed the operation, there were 8. I cannot even imagine!!
7. My online friend Jill is giving away a very cute elephant, Peanut, this week. Go over and visit her!
8. Isn't this a cute t-shirt for a mom-to-be?
9. January is nearly over already. I love that the days are getting longer but how did the month slip away so quickly?!!
10. I saw the delivery truck at Canadian Tire unloading racks and packages of seeds today. Gardening season is not far away for all of you green thumbs!