1. This Passion Tazo tea from Starbuck's is very, very good!
2. It's an amazing day in America! I watched bits and pieces of today's ceremonies and enjoyed the speeches, the parade, the people watching and the feeling of optimism that was so evident in Washington today. Yes, there are problems - big problems - in the country but today was a day to celebrate and honour the new First Family and all that they represent for an optimistic future for all people around the world.
3. Loved Michelle Obama's day dress and the outfits their girls were wearing. Have you seen the evening gown? I've just had a glimpse of the back of it - looking forward to seeing more on the news tonight. Designed by a 26 year old designer who came from Taiwan.
4. These flower arrangements graced tables at the luncheon with Congress at noon.
5. Here's the luncheon menu. Interesting that you could actually download the recipes!
6. American Idol from San Francisco tonight - where do they find these people and how do they know the crazy situations that they come from?
7. Meadow and I had fun picking books out at the library today. She was pretty interested in the kindergarten room that was just across the hallway in the Winfield School too. Just think, in a few years she'll be going there!
8. Wedding plans are moving right along! Kelsey and I chatted about the rehearsal dinner tonight :)) She and Darrin are so organized and having everything totally under control. It's going to be a marvelous day!
9. Remember all those jars of fruit I canned this summer? We're enjoying apricots tonight. It's so, so nice to go downstairs, grab a jar and enjoy some summer flavours. I'll definitely be doing more this year.
10. Can someone please explain to me why instant chocolate pudding will not set when I make it with soymilk? I need to know the scientific explanation for my failed dessert plans!