Monday, March 10, 2008

Winding Down

Thank you so much for your prayers, love and support. Our group has prayed, reminisced, hugged and celebrated life together.

Annie left for home this afternoon and will meet some of her family in Toronto early tomorrow morning. She was able to sleep last night and had many phone calls from home. Her grandsons are anxious for her to come home and she misses them so much. We sent her off with a framed photo enlargement of Peter smiling and riding a bike at the last farm we visited together on Friday. She hugged it tight as she stood in the window of the hotel when we pulled away on the bus early this morning. It felt like we were riding out of her life and she was even more alone. One of the tour director´s stayed with her and accompanied her to the airport later in the day. She is so strong and we pray that God will hold her very close in the days ahead.

Tomorrow is our last full day together. We have some free time to shop and will take one more tour in the afternoon. The rest of the group is leaving for the airport at 4 a.m. on Wednesday and we will catch the ferry to Uruguay later in the morning.

Partings are always bittersweet but we have wonderful new friends and the world of email will keep us connected. I will definitely share more stories and photos once we are home.

P.S. We checked out new laptops today :)) And I haven´t had any time to check blogs but I promise to do that too once we are home. I miss hearing your news.

Love you all!

7 comments:

  1. That must have been so hard for her. I'm glad you guys were there to support her during this time and the photo will be cherished forever, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you so much. It's amazing how quickly we connect with people, and I'm sure Annie felt your love and support around over these last few days. One of the most amazing things about travelling is that you meet new friends that will always be part of your life even as you say good-bye. Have a wonderful time in Uruguay. We're looking forward to hearing all the stories and memories you've collected the last three weeks. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed reading your blog for quite a few days and was totally shocked when I read it today. How sad to lose someone on your trip. My heart breaks for his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to comfort Annie the way you did. This trip will hold a special memory for her and she will cherish the good memories she will have of her & her husbands last trip together. Thanks for keeping us updated. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Just when I was thinking that I had problems and was feeling sorry for myself, I read your blog and Annie's story. 1. my deepest sympathy and prayers to Annie and you guys. 2. i'm so glad you and bob are on this much dreamed about vacation and are making this memory as we never know. 3. i'm not feeling sorry for myself anymore. 4. can you please come home soon - i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crystal,
    I've enjoyed reading about your trip to South America. So sorry for Annie about the loss of her husband. I've said a prayer for her.
    Travel safely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. Will pray for her.
    I'm sure she will always remember those that gave her support in her time of need.

    ReplyDelete