Monday, March 24, 2008

Thanksliving Because He Lives!

The Resurrection has led me to consider my blessings this week in the light of my Saviour giving up His life for mine - and for your's.

1. My life - created by God with His plan for me. And His promise to never leave me or forsake me. He is with me in all that happens and willingly welcomes me daily, with love and forgiveness.

2. Our children, their partners and grandchildren - how blessed we are to have gathered with some of them this weekend. Their words, hugs and smiles warm my heart.

3. Electronic communications - via email, Skype, telephone and blogs - we can stay in touch so easily these days. And I can't imagine waiting for 6 months to get a letter from Europe!

4. Sunshine and warmer temperatures - although it has been a bit of a change not to see green trees and grass outside!


(taken in a flowerbed in the town square in Trinidad, Uruguay)

5. A healthy body - I am blessed to be mobile and able to enjoy doing anything I want to.

6. Our cameras - we have such enjoyment recording memories and then even more fun looking back later on. Bob's figured out the video function on the Elph and he had lots of fun with it on the weekend.

7. Signs, newspapers, magazines and books in English - seriously, it is really hard to not be able to read in foreign countries!

8. Good food, in abundance and variety - especially salads, fruits and vegetables. And even more so when it's served with love by family. We had brunch at Naomi and Jerry's on Friday, the cooking challenge with my family on Saturday and dinner with my parents yesterday. Food - such a staple and such a comfort!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful thanksliving list!!!! Hope you had a great easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful things to be thankful for.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome list! And that photo is gorgeous! We have so much to be grateful for, don't we?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete