Susan at Penless Thoughts had this meme on her blog yesterday and I thought it looked like fun. Blogger doesn't want to upload photos tonight so instead of South America goodness, here are some random facts that I know you have been wondering about for a long time :))
Let's see...rules first.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was teaching grade 3 at Calmar School and looking forward to a week long spring break. I had 2 girls in senior high school and 2 kids at university. We were milking cows and Bob was busy with Alberta Milk Producers work.
Five things on my to-do list today:
1. read the Holy Week story from the book of Mark
2. download the rest of the vacation pictures and save them to the external hard drive
3. wash more clothes, including a Cabbage Patch Doll for our granddaughters to play with
4. find the bag containing battery chargers and phone cords - I've misplaced it somewhere!
5. phone Compassion International to set up sponsorship
Snacks I enjoy:
1. nachos and cheese
2. chocolate chip cookies
3. cheese and crackers
4. fresh fruit
5. mixed nuts
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. make a major donation to Women for Women to help women in war ravaged countries (Afghanistan being my 1st choice)
2. help our kids pay off their students loans and purchase their own homes
3. take 2 major trips a year - I can dream, right?!!
4. renovate/update our home
5. set up investment portfolios to sustain some causes I believe in (Canadian Lutheran World Relief, libraries, education in developing countries, Compassion International, outdoor camping ministries, etc.)
Five of my bad habits:
1. not exercising regularly
2. procrastinating about accounting tasks
3. piling stuff up in the basement
4. letting weeds grow in the garden
5. not volunteering for community or church work
Five places I have lived:
1. on my parents farm near Millet, AB
2. in dorm at Camrose Lutheran College
3. in an apartment on Whyte Avenue while attending the University of Alberta
4. in a little 2 room house on the farm
5. in the home we built on the farm
(Good thing they didn't ask for 6 because I've only lived in 5 places!)
Five jobs I've had:
2. kitchen helper at college
3. clerk/cashier at Woolworth's
4. summer program staff for 4-H Alberta
5. cashier at Canada Safeway
Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
1. Linds at Rocking Chair Reflections
2. Chris at Frazzled Farm Wife
3. Lisa at The Clark Crew
4. Heather at Running the Race
5. Carmen at La Dolce Vita
(Sorry I can't link to them tonight. It's Blogger's night off, I guess.)