Sunday, November 19, 2006

Where were you ....???

I saw this somewhere in Blogland this week and it totally made me pause and reflect. Wow - life marches on!

30 years ago - Newly married for just 4 months, living in a little tiny house on the farm.

25 years ago - Mom to 4 little ones - 5 months, 21 months, 3 years and 4 years old.

20 years ago - Our youngest one had just gone to kindergarten.

15 years ago - We had just come home from an awesome family trip to Disneyland.

10 years ago - It was my first year of teaching grade 3 fulltime.

5 years ago - We had sold our dairy cows that summer - big change in daily routine, especially for the winter.

2 years ago - Reflecting about how much I had learned and how much I enjoyed teaching after working with teachers in Belize that summer.

1 year ago - Planning a trip to Asia in the summer, wrapping Christmas gifts to send to Taiwan - no idea that we were on our way to becoming grandparents.

1 month ago - Preparing for Meadow's baptism.

Yesterday - Doing some Christmas shopping at Canadian Tire, after a long busy week at school.

Tomorrow - Going to visit Meadow and creating some card samples for our noon hour kids club to produce this week.

So ----- how about you? Let me know - I am so curious!!

9 comments:

  1. interesting - the things you learn! Thanks for sharing Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great snapshot of a lifetime! And WOW!! You were busy the first five years of your marriage!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:42 AM

    That is an interesting list. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:00 PM

    What a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really neat!! I'm off to try too! Thanks for sharig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Wow - you don't look old enough to have gotten married 30 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:14 AM

    this was such a fun reflection! Thank you so much for sharing, I'm going to do it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:27 AM

    What a fun post. Thanks for sharing your timeline with us. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete