Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Update

Thank you so very much for the prayers and thoughts that all of you, from far and near, sent today.

Helayna was admitted to Calgary Children's Hospital late yesterday with a distended tummy and pain. Their family doctor sent them to emergency where they did a battery of tests and are now waiting for results. Today she is eating, sleeping a bit and otherwise pretty normally doing the things babies do but there is still the distention of the tummy. It seems to not be a blockage, there may be some infection but too many results are still pending to say for sure. They had hoped to do a spinal tap to check for meningitis but it's very difficult to draw a sample from such a little person, who doesn't like to hold still, especially when being poked! She remains in hospital where Heather is with her constantly. Jonathan did go home to sleep for a bit last night but was there all day today.

We know she is in the very best facility possible with doctors and equipment specially geared for little ones. And we pray that God will guide all of this and she will be okay. And it's still a worry! So if you could just keep them in your prayers for the next while, that would be so very appreciated. I will share more when I know more. ((( HUGS )))

14 comments:

  1. Keeping Helayna and family in our prayers and thoughts tonight... I hope they find what is ailing her soon, and that it is nothing serious!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely you are ALL in my prayers! Give Heather a big hug for me please and tell her that we love her and will be thinking about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:37 PM

    I'll keep thinking of Helayna and family until I hear she is home doing well.
    Bigs hugs for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal I don't even know what to type! You must be so worried! I am sending a message to the big guy upstairs right now! Please tell H&J that we are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers! And pass along a little peck on the cheek to sweet little Helanya for me. I am sending you all every positive vibe I have in me! Hugs to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you, Mom! We're praying. Please keep me posted. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of Helayna.. and Heather and Jonathan and you of course... please keep us updated *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Thank you for the update Crystal! I will definitly keep baby and family in my prayers. What a scary thing to go through...but I hope they figure out what is going on real soon so she can go home again happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I did not know about this! Poor little peanut!! Totally keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be praying. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:21 PM

    Oh poor little tyke! I can imagine how worried you must be. Thinking about the little one and her Mom and Dad hoping all is well. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saying many prayers for Helayna and I hope they find out what is wrong quickly. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:14 PM

    It breaks my heart to know that little Helayna is going through a rough time right now. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. Big hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:08 AM

    I hope everything turns around soon, my thoughts are with you all

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh by I had no idea. Definately in my prayers for little Helayna.

    ReplyDelete