Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Project

One of my friend's at work asked me to make a travel journal for her neice who is off to Guatemala for a month long holiday. Of course I was delighted to say 'yes!' and then the panic was on when Helayna came early and we had to go to Calgary. Luckily I had thought about it alot and had some coordinating Studio K papers on hand so it came together in just a few days. There were 30 pages in it, 2 pockets (you see one here with the circles on it, and a map on the front inside cover to trace the path of her trip.

I used the S! sewing stamps, a little suitcase stamp from Hero Arts and a vintage sign one from the SU Parisian Plaza set. Ink is Nick Bantock Van Dyke Brown. I had several different rubons from Basic Grey and Karen Foster. The binder was 6 X 8 from WR Memory Keepers (anybody know where I can get more of these?) and I painted it with MM Meadow paint.

My scrapbook creating has been sadly lacking so it felt good to make this and I think it was liked by both the ladies (the giver and the receiver!) And she asked me to make some more books for Christmas - I am honored and delighted!

Back to my report cards I go-------










8 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Looks awesome Crystal!! I will be on the lookout for some of those binders - they look like they would be great for tons of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Very nice. Sometimes we get the most done when under deadlines eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Mom! When I'm home we'll have to spend one day in the studio working together. I think one of these would also look great with a map of Poland or Europe inside. Hint, hint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:39 PM

    Hi Crystal!
    Sorry to hijack here, but I can't see a way to send a private message. Just wanted to thank you for the package that arrived on my doorstep yesterday! It arrived at a perfect time to cheer me up. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Oh great job on that Journal! Plus you got some more orders! You're definitely on a roll. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:24 AM

    It is beautiful. Love the colours and the big pink flower with the cool center. WTG!

    ReplyDelete