Sunday, August 27, 2006
Home again, home again!
Highlights from my little tour to Calgary:
- fun hanging out with Heather and Kelsey at IKEA and dreaming about all the cool stuff we'd like for our homes
- meeting up with Rhonda and her 2 sweet kids ( who were so well behaved) at Bliss, the scrapbook store
- finding a few new cool scrapbook supplies (that make me just want to sit down and create!)
- shopping for maternity clothes - they never made such cute stuff in my day! - and finding some jeans and tops to fit Heather
- eating yummy salads from Quiznos
- admiring all the sweet, sweet baby things you find in stores these days
- checking out "Once Upon a Child" - a gently used store - and finding great deals
- picking up the furriest white snowsuit for Meadow for the grand total of $10! Heather says she'll look like a little Russian princess. It is SOOOO sweet - I'm sure you'll see a picture or 2 of her in it when the weather gets cold.
-getting a body pillow for Heather - looks pretty comfy, doesn't she? It made a huge difference for her sleeping that very night. Jonathan's not so impressed with having it in the middle of his bed!
- eating supper at "The Broken Plate", a very nice Greek restaurant in Calgary. And yes, they did break plates!! The waiters even did some Greek dancing and ouzo shooters. Definitely a must-try place if you are in ever in the area. I suggest the flaming cheese for an appetizer and the Greek spiced ribs for an entree'.
- fruits, vegetables, soups and pies from the Calgary Farmer's Market. I just love going here! I had corn for lunch today and it was delish! And I ate alot of blueberries on the way home yesterday.
So it was a great break and I got to spend some quality time with my beautiful darling daughter, who is even more serene and relaxed as her pregnancy progresses, and her husband. She's got these 2 huge tomato plants in pots on the front steps and they are loaded with fruit. Great tastes of summer!
Now, in the spirit of the last week of summer holidays, I must go to school and spend some time arranging my desk and bulletin boards again. Not really what I want to do but it's what needs to be done.
See you later!!