Marta shared her special list recently and as soon as I read the title I knew I wanted to make my own list!
1. It's spring break :))
2. I finished 2 scrapbooking projects that have been on my table for a very long time. One of them has been languishing for more than a year but I am thrilled with the finished album. Peeks coming soon.
3. It's getting close to time to use the greenhouse again.
4. There are the most interesting icicles around these days as the sun begins melting the mountains of snow.
5. In one month we'll have visitors here from New Brunswick.
6. Malachi started crawling - he's not a baby anymore.
7. When I talked to Kelsey last week I could little Miss Peyton chattering in the background. I could have listened to her all day!
8. There are fresh clean sheets on our bed tonight. I love crawling in to clean sheets.
9. I have two vases of pussy willows in the house and they are just perfect!
10. I have 8 dozen eggs waiting to be coloured with the grandkids this weekend. Do you think that's enough?!
11. We have to be at church at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning for the Easter sunrise service. That's really early!
12. I loved the online card class, Pattern Play, that I took last week - and I made 10 cards in one week!
13. My winter dishes and mugs have all been packed away and the spring and summer ones are back in the cupboards. I know it took a long time but really it does not seem like spring in these parts.
14. But with the change to daylight saving time, it's now nearly 8:30 p.m. when it finally gets dark. That makes for a really lovely long day.
15. We are playing Court Whist with 5 other couples again this week. It's been such a fun winter to gather every second week and play cards together. Naomi says we sound like retired people when we talk about all our fun times - and then she said, "Wait - you are kind of retired people!" It was so cute!
16. There are over 16,000 pictures in my iPhoto library which makes me happy - and yes, it is slowing my computer down a lot. So I'm on a mission to transfer them to the hard drive, which is a time-consuming process indeed.
17. I tried to ignore my kitchen today - and was pretty successful but it doesn't look so great now. Nonetheless, I had a very good day doing fun things.
18. The Easter egg hunts will have to be in the house this year, I think. And there are ever so many nooks and crannies in which to hide little eggs - it's going to be fun!
19. Morning smoothies are part of our routine these days. Coconut water + banana, + spinach or kale, + yogurt + frozen berries + an orange or apple + chia seeds + hemp seeds = a great beverage to start the day.
20. Have you tried the game '4 Pics 1 Word' on your iPhone? It's free and it's fun! They show 4 photos, give you the blanks and some letter tiles and you have to guess the word that's represented. Try it - you'll like it, I'm sure :)
21. There are a lot of great ideas using rice krispies and egg shapes on Pinterest these days. I just might have to try some.
22. I love the flowers and of spring - tulips, daffodils, hyacinths - doesn't matter. They are all beautiful and smell divine.
23. I've washed a few windows inside this week. I love looking through those sparkling panes.
24. What's your favourite Easter treat? My Dad loved the O Henry Easter eggs that you can only get for a few weeks in the spring. And as soon as I see them in the stores I want to buy them and share them with him.
25. Wishing we were on a jet plane to Vancouver Island this week. It's my favourite place to go in spring break!
So - what would you put on your happy list today??