Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sewing Links

My goal to sew something every week has taken a backseat to life these last 6 weeks.  Sigh - - -
But I have still been watching lots of other people sew and so I thought you might like to see a few amazing projects today.  These are definitely bookmarked for my future!

1.  Rachel at Stitched in Color is doing an amazing project called Bottled Rainbow.  I love how she's using scraps within colour families and doing it one block at a time.  I would need to collect alot more scraps to be able to do this.


(photo from Stitched in Color blog)

2. This beautiful Sweet Divinity Diamond Quilt by Amanda at The Quilted Fish is wonderful.  I love the angles and the white sashing.



3.  Colorful and bright flowers make Dahlia just perfect for spring, I think.    Sherri over at A Quilting Life does beautiful custom quilting - so intricate and original.



I love looking at fabric art - it's so beautiful and always makes me want to jump up and get sewing.  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I really like the first one from the Bottled Rainbow project. I will have to check back for the finished project. I too wanted to sew a bit more (definitely not as advanced and talented as you) and actually pulled out my sewing machine for the first time. My Mission was to make a cape for Zech (a batman one). My sewing machine is hooped, so I am not too impressed and need to decide what to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, i loooooove the diamond quilt. i've been itching to make a quilt for our bed and have been looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete