Friday, April 29, 2011

Five on Friday

1.  I never really planned to do it - but when I woke up about 2:30 this morning, I decided to watch the Royal Wedding on TV.  And I'm so glad that I did!  It was spectacular but not overdone, romantic and just like every woman dreams a wedding will be, I think.  I loved Kate's reaction when she came through the doors onto the balcony - she was surprised to see so many people waiting for them.  I'm sure Lady Diana would have been so proud of her son and his new wife.



It will definitely be fun to watch William and Kate when they visit Canada this summer.

2.  I dug last year's parsnips out of the garden this week and they were delicious - sweet and crisp!  This was a bit of an experiment since I had read that leaving parsnips in the ground was a good way to preserve them over the winter.  I'll definitely be doing it again and it was a total bonus to have something fresh from the garden in April!

3.   Have you heard of or used this product?


It's a one time, made in Canada, natural made application for wood that is safe for planters.  We're going to try it.

4.  It was a good day for baking Ben Bread  today - the smell is divine :)


5.  This is the scene in our living room where 79 tomatoes have been transplanted and even more are waiting for bigger pots.


1 comment:

  1. that is a LOT of tomatoes. :) how did the bread turn out?

    ReplyDelete