Friday, November 27, 2009

Ten on Friday - A Day Late

Maybe I should just change the title to Ten on Friday - permanently!

1.  While looking for a certain picture on my computer today, I found this instead!  I love looking at these glimpses into days gone bye.  This is one of Darrin and Kelsey's engagement pictures, taken by her mom.  I'm so glad they shared it with me!

                                                         

2.  Did you see the weather south of Red Deer, up to Calgary today?  Winter has arrived!!  There was a 50 car pileup on the QE2 Highway, between Carstairs and Didsbury that closed all four lanes of traffic for a long time today.  I'm glad I don't have to go that way this weekend.  Hopefully all the football fans can get to Calgary safely.

3.  So - Saskatchewan Roughriders or Montreal Alouettes to win the Grey Cup????

4.  One more weather related thing - if the trend can hold, this will be the first November on record that the daytime high temperature has been above zero every single day for the whole month.  The forecast looks promising :))

5.  This sign was on our door when we came home from our October adventures.  Christmas came early when the floor elves worked so hard!  It was / is an awesome gift!



6.  Melinda phoned from Tennessee this morning, where they are spending Thanksgiving with Tyler's mom's family.  They were heading out for some shopping this afternoon and offered to check something out for me.  The bargains intrigue me - and the lineups send me running the other way!  It looked insane on the news tonight!

7.  I tried making Chicken Tenders for supper tonight - but I forgot to flatten them so they took longer to bake and the smaller, thinner ones are a bit overdone.  I'll have to refine that but the ground oatmeal and parmesan coating was good.




8.  The floor project today involved pulling the dishwasher out and one thing led to another and before you know it, I had this cupboard under the sink painted!  It feels so, so good to open that door to put the garbage away and be greeted by this perfect white paint!  Merry Christmas to me!




9.  Last year at this time I was busy working on Cathy Zielske's "Design Your Life" class.  It refined the way I scrapbook and I'm very glad I took it!

10.  I'm working on a big project - and I can't share a single bit of it!  One more month to Christmas :))

2 comments:

  1. awesome list! let's talk this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice treat on the front door, but I'm sure the one inside was even better. ;) You're just rolling along with the house project.
    Great list and glimpses into the past, too.

    ReplyDelete