1. Today at school, the former maintenance worker stopped by and told us that his grandson has been chosen as one of 11 McDonald's Kid Champions from across Canada!! There's one from each province and they will all go to the Olympics, stay in the Athlete's Village, go to some events and hang out with athletes. What a cool way to recognize young people I (he's 12) for their athletic achievements and leadership skills! He is going to have an absolutely amazing time - and his Grampa is really proud of him :))
2. The geese are still flying around, trying to decide if cold weather is actually coming or not, I guess.
3. I don't think you ever saw her in her Halloween costume, did you?! She was one sweet elephant.
4. Don't you just love when you go to buy something on sale - and it's even cheaper than the sale ticket says?!! I scored on a new top today - bottom line was $18 instead of $54.
5. Thrift store find + sandpaper + elbow grease + paint = cool Christmas present :))
6. I bought some supplies to make poppycock and almond cranberry bark today. That's one of my plans for the weekend.
7. I wish I / we could go to New York to visit Samuel (and his parents) again. He's 6 months old and started eating cereal this week, rolling over and is growing up so quickly. You can read all about it on Melinda and Tyler's blog .
8. This plum croissant was a wonderful breakfast treat in Zurich. I wish we could find them around here.
9. If you feel like baking something this weekend, go to Rhonda's blog and find the recipe for Banana Caramel Cake. And then invite me over to have a piece with you, okay?!! It looks delish!! Rhonda's decided on a little goal of baking everything in the Martha Steward baking cookbook - and she is rocking it!
10. Somehow I got assigned bus supervision tomorrow morning - at 8:10 a.m., no less!! It's going to be a long, long day - I supervise before school, at morning recess, at noon hour, at Healthy Hearts in the afternoon, and at the busses again at the end of the day. Can you tell that I'm the sub??!! I am looking forward to Saturday morning :))