Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Simple Woman #62





For Today . . . November 9, 2009


Outside my window. . . very cool, windy and definitely nearly winter!

I am thankful . . . for God's wide open arms that gather me in and care for me.

And I am also thankful . . . that our painting project is progressing smoothly.

I am praying . . . for Linds as she deals with lawyers, hospitals, doctors and bureaucracy.

I am thinking . . . about a trip evaluation that our travel agent asked us to do.

I am celebrating . . . with Melinda and Tyler as they move closer to the hospital where Tyler works - he won't have to ride the subway 70 minutes one way anymore.

From the kitchen . . . baked ham, beets, cucumber salad, carrot sticks, applesauce and ice cream.

I am wearing . . . jeans, a blue long-sleeved tshirt, orange down-filled vest,  polka dot scarf , and brown loafers.  It was Western day at school today.

I am reading . . . Welcome to the Departure Lounge (Adventures in Mothering Mother) by Meg Federico - the story of the author mothering her mother as she ages.  Our book club is discussing
this tomorrow night.

I am hoping . . . to help the grade 4's complete more of the work their teacher left for them tomorrow.

I am hearing . . . "In Flanders Fields" - a song the school choir will sing at tomorrow's assembly.

I am creating . . . a December Daily journal / mini-album, as described by Ali Edwards,  to record memories for the month before Christmas.

Around the house and yard . . . nothing much outside now that autumn is over but inside chaos continues to reign!  "This too shall pass" - right??!!

One of my favourite things . . . perusing Christmas catalogues and special sale flyers that come in the mail.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . subbing in grade 4 again, book club, Remembrance Day service, watching Meadow and Blake while Naomi does some painting, going to Jonathan's sister's wedding and helping with Helayna and Blake, writing to our Compassion child.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . a picture of our hotel room at the Mara Serena Lodge in the Masai Mara Game Reserve, Kenya.  It was so unique and so tastefully designed and decorated.




I was standing on the balcony when I took this.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! Thanks for your prayers. We are moved in and connected again. The unpacking is going rather slow.

    What a cool place you stayed at! The bed is huge.
    Have a great week. You're busy again. Can't wait for a few pictures of the home project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hotel room looked like it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete