1. Please read about day 2 with the Compassion Bloggers on their trip to the Dominican Republic. The stories, pictures and hope are absolutely amazing!
2. So it's finally election day in the USA! What a process and what an expense to get a new leader!
3. The weather is cooling off and a bit of snow is predicted for later this week. So not ready for this season but the garden is put to rest and we are nearly winterized outside.
4. Melinda and Tyler have safely arrived in Brooklyn, New York City and are getting living arrangements sorted out. Please pray that they will find a home that is safe, affordable and meets all of their needs (like furnished!).
5. Go and visit SouleMama to see how you can help with this cool new project she has started. Such a simple thing that can make a big difference - very appropriate as we start to gear up our giving for Christmas.
6. Did you know that you can use crushed flavoured rooiboos tea as a spice when making cookies or muffins?! I am so going to try this!
7. Remembrance Day is one week away and we are starting to see lots of red poppies on lapels. The grade ones made poppies and we put them together on the bulletin board to make a giant wreath today at school.
8. Still adjusting to the end of daylight saving time - and darkness at 5:30 p.m.! And not liking it very much!
9. I think Meadow and I are going to do some print painting tomorrow using a potato and some orange paint :))
10. Silas is two months old today - where has the time gone?!! He has grown so much and is getting so strong too. I feel so blessed to have seen him nearly every week. This is why I left my full time job!
11. To answer the question about my banner: it's a picture taken at the EcoLodge in the Amazon Jungle that we stayed at last winter during our trip to Brazil and Argentina. Ahhhh - it was marvelous - just thinking about it makes me smile!
12. Just about forgot! Today's alphabet soup with Morning Glory is brought to you by the letter "H".
Harvest - such a good feeling when "all is safely gathered in"
Homemade - cooking, baking, sewing, crafts - so much goodness made with love
Hair - I have lots, although it needs help in the color department these days- and I don't have too many bad hair days
Health - a blessing indeed
Hotdogs roasted over a campfire on a summer camping trip
Help - coming from so many in so many ways
Heather and Helayna - two very special people who bring smiles and joy to our lives
Hymns - old favourites and new arrangements too
Hot cross buns - a yearly treat around Eastertime
It seems I think of more to put on my lists every week!! Life is good :))