Monday, November 10, 2008

Simple Daybook #16




For Today... November 10, 2008

Outside my Window... a bleak and grey autumn day, temperature of +2 Celsius and some wind moving the boughs of the spruce trees

I am thinking... about Tyler and his first day at the hospital in Brooklyn - praying that it is a good one for him as he has lots to absorb in orientation and praying for Melinda, who is unpacking and setting up their home

I am thankful for... an afternoon visit with my sister and a little time to create some cards together

From the kitchen... Sopa Azteca (Tortilla Soup), fresh bread and a pear crumble

I am wearing... jeans, a grey school shirt, green fleece jacket and slippers (Can you tell the weather is cooler?!)

I am reading... The Power of Simple Prayer by Joyce Meyer

I am hoping... to be very productive with my sewing machine this week

I am hearing... the soundtrack from the Broadway musical "Rent". My favourite song is "525,600 MInutes" and the line "how do you measure the worth of a man".

I am creating... week #6 layouts for Design Your Life and a binder for Stories In Hand with Jessica Sprague

Around the house ... dealing with some 'clutter clusters' in our bedroom, writing a long overdue letter and mailing a few pictures here and there, packing a little care package to send to New York City

One of my favorite things... the voices of our granddaughters on the telephone

A few plans for the rest of the week.... making the season's first batch of Poppycock tomorrow, Remembrance Day service at the high school, lunch at the local Chinese restaurant, lots of sewing, 2 days of subbing in junior and senior high school - at 2 schools I don't know very well!, Bible study movie night at our house on Friday

A picture thought I'd like to share with you . . . . . . . . . . . .



Empty and quiet, the world is resting and waiting - I rest and wait on God's goodness and His timing too

Be sure to visit The Simple Woman to read more and let her know if you've decided to participate.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted my first post--oops! I really love your lists! I was drooling over what you had coming from your kitchen! I am having a cooking block lately--I can never think of anything to make! I have decided to bring out my sewing machine (it's been a long time). I found a blanket that I really liked but would have to pay a small fortune for, so that motivated me to make my own!

    ReplyDelete