1. I'm getting used to hearing the phone ring before 7 a.m.! When the phone rings that early, I know the substitute teacher service is calling with a job for me.
2. I survived as a music teacher today! Thank goodness for awesome plans, equipment meticulously set up, and enthusiastic students.
3. I emptied our camper this evening so it would be ready for a long, cold winter in storage. It was such a good small investment for us and it's sad to know that we won't use it again this year. But I'm already excited for next year's trips, wherever they may be.
4. Naomi and I are heading off to take a cooking class with a local restauranteur tomorrow night. It should be fun! I'll let you know what we make. Note to self: take the camera!
5. We are enjoying some excellent music on the CD player this week. I'll tell you why tomorrow - it's a happy story!
6. Christmas is drawing closer - especially if the number of mail order catalogues arriving in our mailbox is any indication! The Royal Canadian Mint one came today, showing special coins available to collectors. There are some lovely sets featuring the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and colorful NHL team coins.
7. The sunset tonight was spectacular - bands of red, orange and yellow across the cloudy sky with black silhouettes of trees and buildings.
Alphabet Soup this week is brought to you by the letter 'G'. Go and link up at Morning Glory's blog if you'd like to join us.
These things fill my heart with gratitude:
God - our Heavenly Father who has created me for a purpose and has plans for my every action and encounter. How good HE is to me!
Grandchildren - the joy, delight, love and excitement that these little ones bring to my life is truly amazing. I am blessed to see them so often and to enjoy such marvelous times with them.
Golf - I still love it, even if I haven't done much the last few years.
Gingersnaps - especially the soft and chewy kind!
Greece - it's high up on my list of places to visit.
Green living - I'm glad we all are more aware and try harder.
Games - whether played on a board or a court, I like them. Looking forward to winter evenings and time to play often with family and friends.
Grapes - on their own or paired with cheese for yummy snacks
Germany - we have such wonderful memories of our visit to this land of our ancestors.
9. If you are looking for a little Christmas project for yourself that will help you focus on the moments of the season, go and check out Ali Edward's December Daily album project. It's so pretty!!
10. I've been burning scented candles in the evenings now and I love the glow and scent with which they fill our home.