1. Book Club and our discussion on The Thirteenth Tale was great last night. We had a full house, great snacks by Kim, and an interesting discussion about the book and the writing of it. I love these gatherings!
2. Once again Morning Glory is hosting Alphabet Soup.
These "D" things make me happy!
Darrin - our only son. He is 31 now and we still love to spend time with him. We are so proud of him and are delighted that he will marry Kelsey in March of next year.
Diamonds - my birthstone and one of the few gemstones that I actually have in some jewellery.
Donuts - a big treat that I'm trying to avoid! I especially like maple walnut ones from Tim Horton's or the ones from the local bakery that's near the school :))
Daffodils - such a cherry and bright sign of spring. I love places like Victoria where they grown in profusion under the trees.
Dad - mine has been a role model, advocate, mentor and guide my whole life through. I am blessed that he is active, relatively healthy and interested in so many things, including his grandchildren and now great-grandchildren.
Dill pickles - so good with so many things!
Driving - we both love to explore and take roads less travelled.
3. Better Homes and Gardens magazine has some lovely yet simple fall decorating ideas. I love the little flowers in the gourds - so going to try that for Sunday!
4. I stopped in at IKEA today and found some great stuff for Christmas gifts! Gotta love their prices too!
5. I read some picture books to the grade 3 class I was subbing in today and I was reminded again of how much I love books and sharing them with kids.
6. Most of my outside flower pots are empty and put away now. I kept the pony grass in two of them and think they might look good with some pumpkins and leaves. I'm all about decorating this week :))
7. I got all the groceries I need for Thanksgiving weekend today. Now it's the preparing part to do on Friday and Saturday.
8. Anybody watching Dancing With The Stars these days? Costumes and dancing are WOW!!
9. This week's featured blogger is Jen McGuire - cardmaker and stamper extraordinaire! Visiting her blog will make you smile, I guarantee it.
10. Off to play with some scrapbook layouts tonight :))