Morning Glory's got a new creative writing challenge on her blog so here are today's thoughts of gratitude brought to you by the letter 'A'!
1. Albums - scrapbook, photo, or music, albums bring so much joy to my life. I love to leaf through old ones and marvel at the memories captured from long ago. The new pictures that fill the most recent one are snippets of our days, preserved and precious. The musical ones fill my heart and my home with joy and praise.
2. Apricots - have long been one of my very favourite summer fruits. The soft orange color is one that I love and the apricot pies my Mom makes are scrumptious. No one makes pie like she does!
3. Adventures - we have been so lucky to travel often! For a time, it was across Canada when Bob was involved in the dairy industry and more recently, it's been with our family as we are scattered now. And always on those trips, we've had amazing adventures and side trips. Ones that quickly come to mind: walking the Great Wall of China, visiting Fort Louisburg, walking on the ocean floor at the Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy, biking the seawall in Stanley Park, parasailing in Mexico, hiking along the Grand Canyon, riding subways in Taipei and Beijing, caving in Belize, motoring across 2 lakes to get to the fishing cabin in Minnesota - the list could go on and on!
4. Airplanes - I love the feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when the wheels of the plane leave the tarmac and we lift off into the air. Such an engineering marvel and I am thankful to those who manufacture, maintain and repair these giants. I think the love of airplanes must be genetic as my brother and 2 of my nephews are all pilots!
5. Asia, Australia, Antarctica, Africa - so many places to still explore! I am thankful for an adventurous husband who is full of ideas and energy to do these things and the resources to pursue some of our adventure dreams!
Stay tuned for the letter 'B' next Wednesday - and feel free to join in!