Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Photography Tuesday



I'm creating a challenge for myself - and everyone else out there who wants to join me! Every week on Tuesday, I'm going to post a picture or two that I've taken using a new (to me) setting on my camera. This is a spinoff from Heather's blog and the challenge that Melissa gave her on the weekend. Thanks for sharing a great idea!

On the weekend, Heather and I tried the AV setting on our cameras to adjust the aperture. Our goal was to get pictures with a clear focal point and a blurred background. You know - that cool effect you see on really great photos?! My attempts on Saturday weren't successful but last night I got it to work!! I love how the bleeding hearts look. Hopefully I can repeat it again another time and yes, I'll need to keep the manual - or Heather! - handy so I can reset the camera.

The picture of the lilac bush is just to show you how full it is this year.

Let's see what you can do for "Photography Tuesdays!"

6 comments:

  1. i just tried to post a comment here and think i lost it somehow. i'll try not to repeat myself just in case you end up getting both...
    i like both your photos and have both of those flowers in my yard too ;)
    right now my peonies are blooming like crazy. i'm a little concerned all the rain we are having will ruin them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love reading your blog, Crystal! You are such a positive person - it is uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! I might have to join you in this challenge. I'll need all the help I can get to stay sane in the next few months and this sounds like a positive thing for me to do. I love the bleeding hearts - gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge, Crystal! I might have to join you too! I know I need the practice with my camera. Your bleeding hearts look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH I love your photos Crystal! SOoo beautiful! I love the idea of Photograph Tuesday too! lol... I will try on my blog(even though its' Friday!)
    Thanks so much for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete