Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day

I know it's a little late but I really did try to post last night. I had an entry all typed up and then I lost the whole thing! By that time it was way past bedtime so I abandoned the project. let me try again!

First thing on Sunday morning, Melinda phoned from Taiwan to wish me a happy day. I miss that girl!! Less than 2 months until we go there and we get to spend 3 weeks together. I got an envelope last week that had beautiful pictures of them on some of their adventures like elephant riding. I'm bringing them to school to show the kids tomorrow.

For Mother's Day, Naomi and Jerry had us over to their house at the lake for lunch after church. Naomi barbecued pork shishkebabs and grilled vegetables - they were so yummy!! They gave me a beautiful Willow Tree figurine called "Grandmother"! It's a woman holding a baby up in front of her and it's a perfect symbol of the new adventure of being a grandparent. Thanks so much!

Then I cooked supper and took it over to my mom and dad's. My mom had back surgery 2 weeks ago and she's recovering very well. After supper we watched the hockey game (love those Oilers - 6 - 3 over San Jose' - again!), dug out an apple tree to take home to our garden, and I did some cleaning for Mom. Dad teased me about cleaning during the hockey game and I told him I definitely wouldn't be doing that at home! It was fun to spend the evening with them - we should do that more often, I know.

Heather and Darrin both called too. So over the course of 2 days I got to talk to everyone!

And Bob brought me a beautiful big bouquet of yellow buttercups! That's a Mother's Day tradition that he and the kids started many years ago. They are gracing our kitchen table and I'm going to do a scrapbook layout about that tradition. That was my "life artist moment" for the weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that figurine from Naomi and Jerry sounds gorgeous! You have to show me when I'm up on the weekend.
    I wish we could have come up to celebrate - one of the things I really don't like about living this far away.
    I love you so much, Mom! Thank you for being such an incredible woman and example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad Dad brought you buttercups. That use to be one of our favourite things to do. Of course, we always tried to be sneaking, and hope you wouldn't figure out what we were up to, but I'm sure you did. I'm glad you spent the day with Na and Jer, and with your mom, too. I can't wait to see you. I've been weepy and teary the last few days thinking about home and family. Missing you tons.
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete