Sunday, September 30, 2012

On The End Of Summer

Dear September,

It seems you just arrived and now you are already slipping away!  Your 30 days have been full to the brim and so much has been accomplished around here.   But I'd love it if you could linger on and push the coolness of October back a whole lot longer.  Alas, I know there's not even the slightest chance of that happening.


sun shining through the trees at Nose Hill Park

I'm already missing these things about you:

- wearing my flip flops day in and day out.  More often than not I've had to put socks and shoes on lately.

- fresh peaches.  Just the other day I ate the last one that I'd saved from our BC trip.   And there are no more  to be found in any store around here.

- more hours of daylight than night time.  Much to my chagrin that all came to a quick end last week.   I'm much happier when there's more daylight and the time is falling back too.

- leaves, whether green or coloured.  Sadly there are more leaves on the ground than on the trees these days.

- flowers - the pansies and the sunflowers linger on but every day they look droopier.

- the warmth - the only way to be truly warm these days is to wear jackets and sweaters and socks and soon I'll have to include hats and mitts.

There's not much combining left to do in our little corner of the world and your warm, dry days have helped with that.  Thanks for holding off with the rainclouds and cold.  A few more weeks of that weather would be most appreciated.  Thanks for doing your best!

See you in 335 days!

Crystal

2 comments:

  1. i miss summer too! this year i came to realize just how much i love summer. maybe it's because helayna was in school this year so summer was even more special and important but i finally decided that it is my favourite season of all. i used to waffle between spring, summer and fall but after this year, i am certain it's summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once you have kids in school summer becomes even more special. I like so many things about spring and fall but the relaxed pace and special activities of summer make it my favourite too. Fall is way too busy and spring is often too cold :)

      Delete