Saturday, September 29, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  I made these scrumptious Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins via the Martha Stewart website  this week.



photo from Martha Stewart's website

2.  And also this week I cut a chicken into pieces in 8 minutes!  I was actually quite surprised that it only took me a few minutes - it sometimes seems like such a big job.

3.  Beet relish, zucchini relish and spaghetti sauce are still on my list of "to-makes" this fall.  

4.  The kindergarten students and I joined the rest of the student body yesterday and did the Terry Fox Run through our community.  As long as I've been teaching, this has been a school event, raising umpteen dollars to support cancer research.  



5.  Photo of the week:


Bob's photo of the gigantic red sun
disappearing over the hill -
I love the ribbon of road that leads straight into the sun.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Crystal,


    Beautiful pictures there! I bet these were delicious ;-)
    Thank You for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words!
    Take Care~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post earlier and because of it, decided that if you could cut up a chicken, I could too. :) So I went on youtube, found an awesome video and gave it a whirl - it's so much easier than I thought. The worst part was the mess and I definitely need a sharper knife. Thanks for giving me the courage to try. :) What did you make with yours once it was cut up? I made Arroz con Pollo from the Dinner: A Love Story book - really yummy!

    ReplyDelete