Saturday, September 08, 2012

Five on Friday

1.
Quote of the Week
Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.
~ Margaret Cousins

2.  I borrowed this cookbook from the library


and have tried a few recipes this week.  The whole concept of eating only raw food, using soaked nuts and not using heat on food is interesting, to say the least.  What we've tasted so far has been delicious so that's definitely a motivator to try more.

3.  It's a canning blitz around here this week!  Apricots, plums, peaches and pears are all in jars but I still have more of each to work with tomorrow.  I love lining the jars up on my pantry shelves when they are all done :)

4.  I made popcorn tonight.  Filled the hot air popper, put the cover on and turned to the other side of the kitchen.  When I looked back a few minutes later, there was popcorn everywhere!  Yeah, I forgot to put the bowl under the machine!  Multi-tasking at its best!

5.  Photo of the week:


This spring I gave my Dad 4 of the tomato plants I'd started.
They are now taller than I am - he's such a good gardener!

No comments:

Post a Comment