1. Go and check out this new blog I found, Liz and Jewels! In their own words, here's how it works:
"Every week, we will come together (virtually!) to challenge each other. We will both cook the same recipe, then style and photograph it. But far apart from each other… Liz in Münster (Germany), Jewels in New York.
We do expect difficutlies: and that’s exactly what tempts us! Will we find the same ingredients? How much does the dish cost in Germany? How much in the US? Will Liz find and use the same brown sugar as Jewels? Will we interpret the recipe the same way?
When two people follow the same recipe, will they actually end up eating the same dish?
Whatever the outcome is: We will share it with you. And we want you to participate by giving us ideas for recipes. Tell us what to cook or bake next!"
This week they made Berry Cobblers.
2. Walking into a fabric store always makes me happy - even when I'm not buying anything.
3. I enjoyed every minute of having 3 of our grandchildren here this week! It was busy but marvelous - and the house feels really empty now.
4. Imagination is a wonderful thing. Scrap paper + glue + punches + ribbon = beautiful "stuff"!
5. The fresh corn we had this week was delicious. I hope we'll be able to buy a whole bag full later.