Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Simple Woman #79


For Today . . .  March 8, 2010



Outside my window . . . a great spring-like day as we prepare to leave New York City today.  The temperature is +17 degrees C, the sun is shining, the snow is gone and New Yorkers are smiling today!

I am thankful . . .  for this time we have had with our daughter and her family.  

And I also am thankful . . .  for airplanes that fly safely and the crew that guides them.

I am praying . . .  for a good friend who is facing a tough day later this week.  

I am thinking . . .  about being out of this concrete jungle and back home in the country again.  

I am creating . . . 
  ideas for some new scrapbook pages based on inspiration in the airline magazine in my seat pocket.

I am celebrating . . .    

From the kitchen . . .  I watched Melinda make vegetable bouillion today in her brand new food processor.


From this - 



to this!
She's going to use it instead of the salt laden stock cubes you buy.

I am wearing . . . black pants, black tshirt, black shoes and a beautiful black and red Canada sweater that my sister gave me for Christmas.  

I am reading . . . Mark 12 - The Greatest Commandment - "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."
                            Yesterday's Promise  by Linda Lee Chaikin - finally close to finishing.  This hasn't really been a week for reading :))
                           
I am hoping . . .  to finish the third big project that's been on my list for awhile.   Then I can do what I want to!!

I am hearing . . .  Bob encouraging Samuel to crawl across the floor to him.  They've been working on this technique for a few days and he's making great progress - much to Mom and Dad's surprise.

I am going . . . home to Alberta today.

Around the house and yard . . . suitcases packed and weighed, carry-ons ready and waiting, boarding passes printed - and Samuel and I are going out for a walk around the block.

One of my favourite thin
gs . . . watching Samuel bouncing and squealing to see us in the morning!  Today he plunked right into bed between the two of us and played away.   It was hard to leave them today. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  two days of subbing, going with Naomi, Blake and Meadow on an outing, Bible study, vacuuming, and lots of laundry. 

A quote for today . . .  "The kitchen is the center of life in the house, and it's a gathering place for the neighborhood."    (Mimi Friedman in the March issue of Better Homes and Gardens.)  That describes our house :))

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . .  .  Mel got a sewing machine for her birthday and she was itching to sew something while we were together.  She thumbed through Amanda Blake Soule's Handmade Home and decided to try making a baby sling.



It was a simple pattern with clear instructions - 




and Samuel fit in it perfectly!
I think it would make a great gift for new mamas.  
I'm sure she'll be making a few more :))
I loved watching her persevere and take great pride in the end result. 

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey home my friend. We put Alyssa on the plane to Australia last night. :( Not sure I am liking this adventure of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safe! So glad you got to go and visit!!!

    ReplyDelete