Tomorrow, March 11 is Global Food Crisis Day.
Did you know that:
1. One person in 7 goes to bed hungry every night?
2. One-third of the world's population is undernourished?
3. There are 25,000 starvation-related deaths each day?
4. Each night more than 300 million children got to bed hungry?
5. Every day, over 12,000 children (one every 7 seconds) die from hunger-related causes?
6. Approximatedly 146 million (27%) of children under age 5 in developing countries are underweight?
(Taken from Hunger Fact Sheet, Compassion.com - sources - www.one.org, www.bread.org, www.unicef.org, www.who.int, www.unep.org)
7. You can help Compassion International provide food for children and their families around the world.
$13 a month will help one child
$39 will help 3 children for one month
$78 helps 6 children for one month
8. So the burger, fries and pop that we had for supper will help 2 children EVERY DAY for ONE month - not just one meal!
9. As Ann at Holy Experience says, there is no food crisis here. Cereal with milk for breakfast, tuna melts with hot soup for lunch, burgers for supper, grapes and cookies for snack - it goes on and on for us.
10. "We owe them the honour of listening to their stories." Ann Voskamp
Is there something you can do?
Please join me in making a difference, one meal at a time.
Go to Compassion and see how you can help.