Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Daybook #35

For Today . . . March 23, 2009

Outside my window . . . more snow!  We got about 6" of the white stuff on Saturday night and Sunday and the roads are heavy with the wet, wet stuff.  It's -9 and windy - spring has NOT arrived here!

I am thinking . . .  very nostalgically about our son's marriage - what a wonderful celebration it was and how emotional I'm feeling.  

From the kitchen . . . Rice with Beans and Salsa, served in taco shells with all the fixings.

I am wearing . . . black jeans, black long sleeved shirt, pink/green/black scarf and green quilted jacket

I am reading . . . The Elegant Gathering of White Snows by Kris Radish.  "Eight women on a journey that will change their lives - a tale of friendship and love, loss and liberation." (from the jacket cover)

I am hoping . . . that the next time I meet Sue we will have hours and hours to visit - not just 15 minutes in an airport!  But that was better than nothing :))

I am hearing . . . the sweet sounds of Helayna and Silas who have come to visit for a few days

I am creating . . . memories this week!

Around the house . . . toys, baby clothes, dolls, cameras, and lots of busy-ness

One of my favourite things . . . dark chocolate covered cranberries

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . 2.5 days of subbing, skating with Meadow and Helayna, Bible study, lots of playtime and fun!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . the tall flower arrangement that graced the front of the church and the front of the ballroom at the wedding.  Kelsey's aunts looked after it - and it was stunning!!



There are more daybooks over at The Simple Woman!

2 comments:

  1. I totally missed seeing that flower arrangement - too much time chasing kids around, I guess. So glad we are here. You guys are gonna need a week to recuperate when we leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful even for the short visit we had!! It was enough to get a hug from my dear friend and to promise that we'll do it again some day soon!!

    {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete