Since 7 a.m. this morning, I have:
- canned 14 jars of peaches
- canned 7 jars of apricots
- made 5 jars of raspberry jam
- made 4 jars of peach jam
- filled 4 jars of spicy peach chutney
- peeled 75 peaches
- washed countless sinks full of dishes
- watched my feet get bigger and bigger
- used nearly every small jar that I have in my stash
- run short of screw tops for canning jars
- listened and watch Olympic highlites on my little TV in the kitchen
- done 3 loads of laundry
- unpacked our suitcase (it had gone with my sister so we could have lots of room for the fruit on our way home)
Now I should sweep and wash the floor but i may fall into bed instead!
Monday's to-do list:
- can tomatoes
- make apricot jam
- bake peach upside down cake
- finish cucumber relish
- wipe and label all the jars from Saturday's labour
It sure does feel good to see full jars lined up on shelves downstairs and to open the freezer and see lots of choices for our winter meals.
I think I'm going to treat myself to Mama Mia next week!