1. I'm so happy there's a u-pick strawberry farm nearby where I can get beautiful fresh berries. And I can support a farm family who are providing some serious good food locally grown at a very reasonable price.
2. These Super Noots look so cool! Stacy Julian mentioned them on her blog yesterday and I would love to get some to share around with kids I know. I think I'd even like to keep track of what I'm eating using this system.
3. Visits with Mom and Dad are always nice! I had coffee with them this afternoon and caught up on the news while seeing the newly painted house.
4. I love getting magazines in the mail! Better Homes and Gardens came today - first issue of a brand new subscription and it looks great!
5. I'm thinking about lots of family and friends who are celebrating wedding anniversaries this month. Summer weddings are definitely popular around here.
6. We are enjoying Ginger Bounce Rooiboos Tea these days. Rooiboos tea is caffeine free and has many health benefits. You can search for it on Wikipedia to find out more.
7. 16 days until the Olympics begin in Beijing!! We are really looking forward to the games and to seeing Beijing again, even if it is on TV!
8. Strawberries for the freezer, for jam, for muffins - and maybe even a strawberry pie - are in the house! My favourite way to eat them is sliced in a bowl, sprinkled with brown sugar and swimming in cream - yum and only a summertime treat (the calorie thing, you know)!
9. We are experiencing lots of thunderstorms these days. Hot muggy days in Alberta produce fantastic electrical storms and rain showers. We were awakened to deep rolling thunder this morning.
10. Recipe share - I've had requests to share some salad recipes so here's the first one.
Carrot Slaw (from Melinda Green)
Peel and medium grate 5 - 6 carrots in a serving bowl.
Add 1/2 cup dried cranberries and 1 can drained mandarin orange sections.
Gently toss with 1/4 - 1/2 cup flavoured yogurt (vanilla or any fruit flavour will work).
Serve with burgers or other summer meals. Leftovers will keep in the fridge until the next day.