Friday, October 26, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  "Love your home - its physical spaces, its personal history, the relationships that define it."  Thomas Kinkade              

2.  Our book club read "Purge" by Sofia Oksana, translated from the Finnish this month.  It was an amazing historical crime fiction novel about two women in Estonia.  Full of family relationships, intrigue, and suspense, it gave me a look into life under the Communist regime.  There were so many themes to ponder and twists and turns in the plot.  And I haven't even finished reading it yet!  This is the second book we've discussed about the international sex trade - such a huge, sad and somber issue.

3.  Pinterest is full of Christmas ideas these days!  Oh, my - so much inspiration!

4.  I am so very proud of my nieces who both were at Alberta's first WE Day this week.  They are amazing women who serve their communities and inspire others in so many amazing ways.  I encourage you to watch the podcast - the energy is incredible.



5.  Photo of the week:

the top of Samuel's treehouse tree


No comments:

Post a Comment