Sunday, September 11, 2011

9 / 11

I remember driving home from my friend's house that morning, just after 7 a.m.  We had gone for an early walk before each heading to our separate teaching jobs and as I drove  around the corner, there was a news bulletin with details of the first plane hitting the first tower.  By the time I got to school an hour later,  there were more grim details and the TV was set up in the library where high school students and staff gathered to watch the news all day long.    That continued for most of the week as we tried to come to grips with what had happened and why.  Our world was changed in a huge way.

It seems that the struggle to understand continues and the words hurled back and forth have done little to make things better.  Oh, the choices we humans make that take us so far away from God, each other and peace.  I pray that each of us works to understand others and work peacefully with those around us while serving God and sharing His love and hope.   I am thankful that I love and know a God who is bigger than all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment