Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Simple Woman #91


For Today . . .  June 7, 2010



Outside my window . . . a grey day with showers and temperatures at about +10 degrees C.  The forecast is for showers through most of this week and the moisture is very welcome for growing things.

I am thankful . . . for God's promises that I read in the Bible.

And I also am thankful . . .  for special days like birthdays and anniversaries, times to honour and think about those we love.

I am praying . . . for our daughter who will return to work next week, after a year of maternity leave.  I know she loves her job but I know it's hard to juggle at home too.  And I pray that during her daily commute she will be safe. 

I am thinking . . .  about the proposed new Alberta Health Act that is being presented for feedback this month.

I am creating . . . 
  a layout, based on Layle Koncar's advice over at ellapublishing about mixing patterned paper.  The lightbulb is shining brightly for me!

I am celebrating . . . Farmer's Day on Friday.  Our county still observes this as a holiday so the schools are closed and many communities have pancake breakfasts, picnics, games and weiner roasts. 

From the kitchen . . .  there's a beef roast in the crockpot and we are having Beef on a Bun for supper.  For lunch I had tuna waldorf salad, eaten  gulped down in 5 minutes after reteaching a lesson on perpendicular - parallel - intersecting lines that a couple of grade 5 students needed again.  

I am wearing . . .  light beige capri pants, a striped orange tshirt and sport sandals.  This is the first day I've worn summer clothes - and by 11 a.m. it was drizzling! 

I am reading . . .  Luke 23 - The Resurrection and Ascension 
                                     And now I start to read the book of John on my quest through the New Testament.
                          Shanghai Girls by Lisa See - just finished this awesome read!  I highly recommend it!  It's another great story about women, this time 2 sisters that are 'sold' to American Chinese husbands during the late 1930s, relocated to Los Angeles and live through WWII in America.  Lisa See is an amazing author!
I am hoping . . . to send some pictures for printing this week.

I am hearing . . .  "The Best New Praise and Worship Songs . . . Ever!" 

I am going . . . to enjoy this day!

Around the house and yard . . .  the patio pots are just ready to burst into bloom, the rose has had 9 blooms and there are 12 more blossoms developing and the lawn is once again covered in dandelions!  

One of my favourite things . . .  fresh rhubarb sauce on vanilla ice cream.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  another 1.5 days of subbing, some baking to restock the freezer, making Stacy Julian's Banana Brownies and sharing them as a birthday present, hoeing throw the rows of potatoes, cutting the lawn, a barbecue to honour our nephew who just graduated as a mechanical engineer and maybe the first weiner roast of the season.  

A quote for today . . .  


“Joy is prayer - Joy is strength - Joy is love - 
Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. 
She gives most who gives with Joy.”
—Mother Teresa
(1910-1997); Founder Of The Missionaries Of Charity


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . little droplets of rain collected on the grass - and a chance to play with my camera.  


No comments:

Post a Comment