Monday, April 07, 2008

Something New



These gorgeous flowers are from my friend, Angie. We met for lunch on Friday and she give me a full dozen. What a beautiful way to brighten my table on this grey Monday morning.

Getting a great picture of them was easy with - - -




This beautiful little gem of a lens was a gift from Heather, Jonathan and Helayna! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I was SO surprised and love it already. One of my frustrations with photography in our house is always the issue with light, or rather - lack of light. So this is a 50 mm lens with an aperture of f 1.8, which means more light is allowed in and the depth of field is shorter. That means you get the focus point and then the background is blurry, which is an effect I love. So I've been trying it out and I already like it - ALOT. And those great pictures I took yesterday - yup, taken with this little baby. It's SO much better in our house. I am so excited and I know I'm going to love using it.

5 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-DAY!!!!! I have a little package waiting to mail to you... so it will be a late b-day. But I need your address. :) Email it to me pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! What a great gift!! The photos look awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun lens...how AWESOME of a gift too! Have fun playing with it more and more! xoxo
    Love ya,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright!! What a nice birthday treat and definitely something you'll love using. I can just see the memory cards filling up.
    Have a great birthday!!! We'd love to be there to hug you, spoil you and eat some cake. Very, very soon. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete