Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Creating Getaway

I came over to my sister's for a little creative time and we are having a great time together. Today we:
- had Eggs Benedict for breakfast
- went for a walk on the crocus hill
- had pizza and pineapple for lunch
- learned a new technique using tacky tape and glitter (so, so pretty!)
- worked on albums using Stacy Julian's "Finish Line" concept (basically creating an album in a short period of time with minimal time spent choosing/debating)
- had Thai Ginger noodle bowls for supper (do you see a pattern here? It's all about the food!!)
- visited with Jill (my niece) who will be finished her education degree after exams next week - she's knee deep in applications and resumes
- laughed alot
- made an appointment for a haircut
- chatted with Larry (my brother-in-law) in between his trips to the grain elevator with loads of canola
- scratched Watson's ears (he's the family beagle)
- baked Monkey Bread (after waiting 18 hours for it to rise!)
- enjoyed every moment of our time together!!

I could stay here for a week and still have things to talk about, to create and to laugh about. It's always a great place to visit and feel loved!! Thanks, E!!
-

5 comments:

  1. What a great time! I love going over there, too. You always feel so welcome and just part of the family. I'm eager to see what you created and get a few tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go and enjoy some time with Auntie E! She's so much fun! Can't wait to see what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great to have the time to get together! I know I really enjoy the time I get to spend with my sister - and she only lives 5 minutes away from me, but with both of us having small children and working part time, it is hard to find time! Good for you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo I so LOVE monkey bread!!! My butt doesn't though...hehehehe
    Sounds like a perfectly PERFECT time! xoxo
    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:30 PM

    It was the best. You are the best. And I can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete