Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksliving

Some things that I am so thankful for today -

1. Days at home with none of the rush that going to work entails. I am loving this time to cook, to talk with my husband, to call our children, to enjoy the outdoors, to play with granddaughters, to do whatever we want. It is an absolute treat!!

2. Worshiping together at church with many friends.

3. Christmas music - so many great songs of the season by amazing artists.



4. Books to read - just finished "Water for Elephants" about a circus. Our book club's going to discuss it next week. I'm sure the discussion will be interesting - the book certainly was.


5. New fabrics, all preshrunk and waiting for me to sew them into good things. And they were bought at 50% off too, an added bonus.



6. Sunsets with all their colors - I saw this beautiful sight from my kitchen window yesterday.

7. A washer and dryer - all I have to do is turn the dial, put stuff inside and close the lid. I am so lucky - my mom spent long hours with the wringer washer and a clothesline. (I do admit that clothes smell so good when they come in off the line though.)

8. My studio - a place where I can go to create, relax and be inspired. I love having a space where I can leave things out - at least until Kelsey comes to visit and we need it as a guest room :))

5 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for. Ya, what would we do without our washing machines? I did the handwashing thing for the first two weeks when we moved to Poland and it was awful. I'm so glad I have an automatic machine. You'll have to tell me about the book. I need to get a few more when I come to visit in January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved catching up on your blog...thanksliving...I like that phrase! And your list was beautiful! I am also loving your layouts...gorgeous!

    We spent Christmas in Austria in 2004 and all your photos reminded me of that phenomenal season! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list. I am so grateful to be able to talk to you in the middle of the day too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunset!!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:22 AM

    So many nice things on your list, Crystal.

    I, too, am thankful for my washer and dryer--laundry seems to be the only chore I'm keeping up with these days!

    Tomorrow is our celebration feast--we'll be with my grandmother and my dad.

    XO

    ReplyDelete