Heather has inspired me to pause, reflect and give thanks for things that happened this week.
1. Remembrance Day and the chance to reflect, give thanks and honour those who have fought for our freedom and peace in the world.
(Photo by Tom Hanson for Canadian Press)
2. Visits with my sister, Esther and her husband, Larry. We had supper with them yesterday, stayed overnight and went for a long walk this morning. I am blessed to have her as my sister and my friend and love every chance we get to be together.
3. The chance to spend time with these 2 precious little ones! They bring so much joy and energy to our days. Thankfully they both live pretty close so we are able to connect often. I don't know what I would do if they lived across the country!
4. Email and all the technology that allows me to stay in touch with friends and family around the world. Seriously, this is such an amazing thing. Not that very long ago it took months for a letter to go across Canada!
5. Anniversaries - a good time to celebrate couples who have worked, compromised, supported and loved each other. Bob's parents celebrated 63 years together this week.
And our good friends, John and Doris, had a 25th anniversary celebration this weekend. I remember how very freezing cold it was the day they got married! Thankfully it was warmer this time around.
6. Long walks through fallen leaves, around frozen creeks and over tree trunks cut down by busy, busy beavers.
7. A fully stocked kitchen which makes it so easy to cook good things to eat like Sweet and Sour Spareribs (Darrin's favourite) that we had yesterday. I am blessed to have an abundance of fresh, high quality food.
8. No snow on the ground yet! Last year we'd already had a whole month of the white stuff. I wouldn't mind if it stayed nice until Christmas.
This picture was taken last year on November 3rd!