Saturday, September 30, 2006

Autumn Surprises

Serious find last night when I went shopping!!! I've never been to Home Sense but my sister said to check it out because it's all home decor but kind of like Winners is for clothes. Well, I had an awesome hour and a half in that place! I checked out every aisle and every display, some more than once. And these are a few of the treasures that I came home with. Can you tell that I'm an autumn girl?! The mugs are going to be gifts (the polka dot one has a tiny china pumpkin sitting in the bottom of it - too cute - glad I'm not going to be keeping it clean though), the small prep bowls come with a small whisk that has a striped china handle, the mini bundt pans are so I can try making that pumpkin cake next week, and the jack-o-lanterns are cutouts on a tin luminary (shaped like a triangle with a spot for a candle in the middle, about 18" high). The autumn tablecloth was less than half price - the prices here are so affordable. And then there were the gifts I bought but they shall remain a surprise! The cashier said the Christmas stuff is going out on Sunday - I can only imagine what it will be like! Definitely a "must-visit-again" store!

8 comments:

  1. Hehehe! You must have been in heaven with all those gorgeous fall items! I love the mugs and bowls - the strips are so cool! I don't think I've ever been there - I should go and check out their Christmas stuff!
    I was wishing today that we could do a little more shopping together before baby comes but I guess we'll just have to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Home Sense!! I always find some sort of inspiration when I go there. Great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love Home Sense. Kind of glad that I have to travel to get to one or I'd be shopping all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man i LOVE home Sense. It is best for me to stay away. Since there are so many cute things to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:10 AM

    sounds like you had a lot of fun shopping! i just learned that there's another new store in south common that's similar to home sense and winners - it's called design depot and is at the south south end! i think i'll try to check it out on my next trip to the city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:19 PM

    Sounds like you really had fun shopping Crystal. There's a new store in south common that is similar to Home Sense and Winners. It's called Design Depot. Have you been there? I haven't but want to check it next time I'm in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Sounds like a great shopping experience. Love all the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Sounds like a great shopping experience. Love all the goodies.

    ReplyDelete