Saturday, May 18, 2013

Five on Friday

1.
Quote of the Day
“Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.”
Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965);
Philosopher, Physician, Nobel Peace Prize Winner

2. "What to do when your shirt label says made in Bangladesh" is definitely a must read.  We are a global world and what we do/eat/wear/use does affect others.  Click through to the survey about slavery - my results were startling!  I like the suggestions offered so I can help change the world.  Thanks to Heather for sharing this link.

3.  Jenae at I Can Teach My Child shares her list of Top 10 Reading Apps for Kids.  I've been wondering about how to find good apps for little ones and I trust her opinion so I will have to explore some of these myself.  

4.  Check out this list of popular novels for book clubs that my friend shared on Pinterest.  I think I've read 14 of them - still lots to go!

5.  Photo of the week:


Body Art

No comments:

Post a Comment