Monday, April 15, 2013
2013 Joy Dare
#539 - #590
- gift found in His word: Isaiah 40: 31 - "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
- gifts found in women: sisters, women who serve selflessly, young women with brand-new wild ideas
- gifts spoken: passion for growing and innovating, consumers talking about food, welcoming guests
- a gift hug: icicles on branches
- a gift written: Christmas stories and memories captured
- a gift painted: little Easter eggs hung on pussy willow branches
- gifts almost gone: messes on tables, winter squash used up, postage stamps
- gifts unwrapped: little fingers unwrapping chocolate Easter eggs, Easter treasures, little roots of tomato transplants
- a gift heard: "He is not here. He is not dead. He is alive!"
- a gift held: friendships
- a gift hoped for: peace in relationships
- gifts round: coloured Easter eggs, carrot cake roll, oregano oil capsules
- gifts of white: popcorn day at school, crisp white pages of lesson plans, snowbanks melting
- gifts surprisingly found: former students at the gas station, light streaming in, grade 6 discussions on local government
- gift at 11 a.m. - mocha coffee from the staff room, 2 p.m. - recess quiet, 6 p.m. - dry roads to travel home on
- gifts nailed together: the cross He hung on, bamboo floors, chairs for little ones to sit on
- gifts waited for: visits with grandchildren, celebrating birthdays, candles on cakes
- gifts rising up: honey wheat buns, tomato plants, grandchildren growing so quickly
- gifts heard: "Gramma, come here - I need you!"