Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Recipe Box Swap
It's time for another recipe to add to Randi's recipe box swap :) Today I'm happy to feature this main dish which we love!
from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry
Janet and Greta Podleski
1 tbsp. butter
1/3 up finely minced shallots or green onions
2 tbsp. grated gingerroot
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/3 cup apple jelly
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup light sour cream or plain yogurt
2 pork tenderloins (12 oz./340 g each)
1. Before grilling pork, get all of the sauce ingredients ready so you can whip up the sauce while the cooked pork is resting.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place pork on a grill rack that has been lightly brushed with oil. Grill pork for about 16 minutes, turning occasionally. The outside should be nicely browned and the center should have just a trace of pink. Transfer pork to a plate, cover with foil and let rest while you make the sauce.
3. To make sauce, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, gingerroot, and garlic. Cook and stir until shallots begin to soften about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
4. Add apple jelly, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cook and stir for 3 minutes until jelly completely melts and sauce begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low if it's bubbling too much. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
5. To serve pork, slice it thinly and arrange on a small platter. Drizzle sauce over pork.
Note: You could roast the pork in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.